Welcome to the AboutPH online poll for the May 2010 senatorial election. Listed here are the names of the 58 candidates approved by the COMELEC. The political parties they are representing are also indicated.
You should find it very interesting to note that there are a total of 12 political parties, plus three independent candidates, contending for the 12 available senate seats. Not a single political party, however, is able to field 12 candidates.
Here is a summary by party representation:
- Ang Kapatiran = 8 candidates
- Bangon Pilipinas = 6 candidates
- Bayan Muna Party = 1 candidate
- Grand Alliance for Democracy/Gabaybayan = 1 candidate
- KBL = 6 candidates
- Lakas-Kampi-CMD = 6 candidates
- Liberal Party = 10 candidates
- Nacionalista Party = 7 candidates
- NPC = 2 candidates
- PDP-Laban = 2 candidates
- People’s Reform Party = 1 candidate
- PMP = 5
- Independent = 3 candidates
As in the actual election in May 2010, you are allowed to choose up to 12 candidates to vote for. You may opt to choose less but not more. Once you have submitted your vote you will no longer be able to change it, so choose wisely.
This online poll will run for exactly two months, from 2010/01/10 18:00:00 to 2010/03/10 17:59:59.
<Sorry, this poll has been deleted>
AboutPH also launched an Online Poll for President and Vice President. If you haven’t participated yet in that poll, you are invited to do so now. Click here to launch the Online Poll for President and Vice President.