The festival officially kicked off as early as March 30 and will culminate on May 1
Dagupan City, Pangasinan
What it is:
- A yearly event in Pangasinan first initiated by Mayor Benjamin Lim in 2002.
- The festival aims at promoting the city’s local bangus (milkfish) industry.
- In 2003, the Guinness Book of World Records recognized the “Kalutan ed Dagupan” as the Longest Barbecue of the World.
- “Kalutan ed Dagupan” – everyone is enjoined to partake the longest barbecue party;
- 101 Ways to Cook Bangus – seasoned cooks showcase their talent preparing the succulent bangus in many distinctive delicacies;
- Gilon! Gilon! ed Dalan – a colorful street dancing competition depicting the bountiful harvest of bangus; and,
- Bangus Rodeo – bangus growers showcase their best products and sport their food-processing skills.
Find out more, including detailed schedule of activities, from the Bangus Festival 2011 Official Website.