Featured Lake Caliraya is a man-made lake (i.e. dam) situated in the municipalities of Lumban, Cavinti, and Kalayaan in Laguna province. Because of its cool weather all year round owing to its relatively high elevation, Lake Caliraya (or simply Caliraya) has become a favorite destination for recreation and religious retreats.
The lake’s detailed history can be found in Wikipedia.org.
How to get there (based from caliraya.net)
- Take South Expressway
- Take Calamba Exit
- Calamba Crossing, turn right
- Straight ahead using the highway passing towns of Los Banos, Bay, Victoria, Pila, Sta Cruz and Pagsanjan
- After passing Pagsanjan Archway, you will see a T Road (atop is a Catholic Church)
- On this T-Road, turn left to Lumban, then you pass a bridge
- Approaching Barangay Hall, turn left going to Paete (but you will not reach Paete)
- Just few meters ahead, you will see a Y Road
- On this Y Road, take right wing, a road going up hill
- Go straight ahead, and look for signage of the specific resort or retreat house you are going to.
- Please note that several of the resorts and retreat houses in Caliraya will require you to cross the lake via motorized boats.
Featured Photo Credit: kaleidoscopeworld.multiply.co